Tuesday 11 November 2014

Remembrance Day

This morning I attended a Remembrance Day ceremony at Roosters Restaurant here in Melaque. We had a moment of silence to honor fallen soldiers, then someone read In Flanders Fields. I always cry thinking about all the brave souls who gave their lives. Today was no different.




After the ceremony we introduced ourselves and where we were from. There were a lot of people from Vancouver Island there. Who knew I'd ever get excited to hear someone say 'Hi I'm from Port Alberni' lol (hehe Jerry). It feels good to have people from back home here in Mexico with me. I've been feeling a little homesick the past few days. This helped.

Among all of us Canadians, we had one American in the crowd and a table of Mexican ladies who had gotten together for a school reunion. They got up and sang their school song in Spanish and then everyone sang the Canadian, American and Mexican national anthems together. It was unity at it's finest. :)