Sunday 8 December 2019

Back by popular demand

After a hiatus, I'm back to share the rollercoaster that was my past year. It brought loss, love, heartbreak, the joy of a new grandchild, turning 50, relocating to a different city and becoming a homeowner again – a mix of the best and worst of times.


Last winter, grieving my mom's passing and then going through a breakup while in Barra de Navidad, I didn’t feel like blogging. I only posted a highlight video. Sadly, Frida, the rescue dog in that video, succumbed to Ehrlichia (a disease transmitted by ticks). Despite my efforts, she couldn't be saved. Amid my sadness, I found a silver lining by helping a Doberman puppy find a loving home.


Fast forward to today, and I'm in a much happier space, getting ready for a three month trip to Mexico, starting in Puerto Vallarta. Last year's trip was clouded by grief, but I'm back to my cheerful and adventurous self, anticipating lots of fun, live music, dancing, meeting new people, delicious food, exploring markets, and sightseeing. I can’t wait!


No comments: