Friday 12 July 2024

Baja or Bust!

Balandra Beach

Many friends and blog readers have told me they love the Baja Peninsula, so I've decided to see it for myself. Early December, along with my Chihuahua Bellamy, I'll be leaving on a four month Baja adventure. After landing in Cabo, I'll spend the first few days exploring San Jose del Cabo and Todo Santos. From December to April, I'll be based in La Paz, soaking up all the beauty and experiences Baja has to offer.


La Paz, the capital of Baja California Sur, was founded by Hernan Cortes in 1535. It's known for its beautiful beaches, abundant marine life, and the Malecon boardwalk with stunning views of the Sea of Cortez. I'm particularly excited to spend some time on Balandra Beach, famous for its clear turquoise water, soft white sand, and unique rock formations. Many consider it the most beautiful beach in Mexico.

San Jose del Cabo, at the southern tip of the Baja Peninsula, was established as a mission in 1730. It has cobblestone streets, historic buildings, and a lively art scene. Todo Santos, designated as a Pueblo Magico, was founded in 1723 and is known for its lush landscape, colonial architecture, and thriving art community.

I can't wait to learn about the local culture in the area, discover new places, make new friends, and share my experiences with you. Stay tuned for updates, photos, and stories from my travels in Baja.

No comments:

Post a Comment