Thursday 10 December 2015

Pig slaughtered



I have never felt so angry, horrified and helpless in my life. Early this morning I was walking to the lab to have some blood tests done (I'm still getting over being sick), as I turned a corner I saw some men holding a pig down on the ground. It took me a few seconds to comprehend what I was seeing. They were slaughtering a pig right out on the street! The poor thing had been stabbed in the chest and was bleeding. She was terrified, fighting for her life. She got up twice and tried to run. They threw her back down, laughing. They were so cold, this wasn't funny. It was disgusting. It was taking too long. They obviously didn't know what they were doing. 10 minutes had already passed. They put the knife in her again. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. I was shocked and sickened with how inhumane this was. I wanted to help her. I wanted to make it stop. This was the worst thing I'd ever seen, but I couldn't leave. I felt like I had to stay until I knew she was out of pain. I got closer. I told her I was sorry they were doing this to her. I'll never forget her looking at me. She died with her eyes open.

After it was all over, I broke down and bawled my eyes out. I felt sick to my stomach. A Mexican lady noticed how upset I was and came over. I hugged her. I was a mess. In Spanish she explained that the pig was for the feast they were having on December 12th to honor the Virgin of Guadalupe. She invited me to the feast. I smiled and said thank you, but I won't be going. There is no way I'm going eat the pig I watched die in front of me. I understand why people become vegetarians. This was brutal.

I started taking video and then I had to stop. It was horrific. I'll never forget that poor pig screaming.


WARNING THE VIDEO IS GRAPHIC AND DISTURBING