Tuesday 15 December 2015

I did it!

I've always been around the ocean. Growing up I spent every Christmas vacation and Spring Break at the beach in Florida. 25 years ago, I moved from Toronto to live on Vancouver Island. Now I spend months at a time beach side in Mexico. You'd think by now I'd have gone into the water. Nope. I can't swim and the ocean has always terrified me. It's moving, it's huge, it's unpredictable. I've gone into a pool many times, that I can handle. But the ocean is another story. I've always been too afraid to go in past my ankles. Well after a lifetime of being afraid, I finally did it! With my good friends by my side and my trusty noodle wrapped around me, I cautiously ventured in. Once my nerves settled down and I stopped shaking, I realized that I loved it. I wondered why I hadn't done it a long time ago. The ocean seemed to go on forever. It was amazing, it was relaxing. Having never floated in the ocean before, I almost don't have the words to describe the sensation. All I know is it's time for me to learn how to swim because I want to do it again, this time without a security noodle. ;)

Yay go me!

That's right, that's me in the water. :)

Look I'm happy and I survived!




No comments: