Thursday 26 June 2014

Manzanillo

There is only so much sand, surf and sun a girl can handle. Sometimes you need a change of scenery and a shopping mall!

The closest city near me with a mall is in Manzanillo, about 40 minutes away. Ahhh an air conditioned mall, what a welcome relief from the heat. 

I've been to Manzanillo twice in the past week. Once to buy groceries (although I also ended up on the private beach at the Las Hadas resort) and again on a shopping trip with my new Canadian lady friends. The ladies live here full time, they're all married and in their 60's. Lots of fun and laughter with this group. I'm happy I met them. They're a riot. We went to Walmart, Sam's Club and out for lunch at Godzilla's. Best fish & chips I've had in a long time. Made with Tilapia, very yummy!

Here are some pics I took while I was in Manzanillo. The view of the ocean from Las Hadas reminded me of Vancouver Island. 

Las Hadas 



Just me hangin out on the beach with my pole. ;)


This view reminded of home.

I asked why this was in the parking garage and I was told it's so
Mary can bless the employees as they go to and from work.
The employee entrance door is in front of it.




Road Trip With The Ladies
(The sky really was that blue, I didn't edit the colour.)



Getting ready to go over another tope (speed bump).






No comments:

Post a Comment