Wednesday 24 December 2014

Happy Chanukah & Merry Christmas!

Chanukah and Christmas - lucky me I celebrate both. I was raised by a Jewish family, so culturally I'm Jewish. Religiously, well let's just say I'm spiritual.

Tonight is the 8th day of Chanukah and the last night to light the menorah. I of course only remembered to light it once! I'm a bad Jew what can I say. Hey at least I can say the prayer in Hebrew and I had a menorah. No I didn't bring it to Mexico. It was given to me by the friendly fellas from the local synagogue here in Playa del Carmen. I bumped into them on 5th Avenue a few days ago. They were handing out menorahs to tourists. Thanks guys!

I love the last day of Chanukah because the menorah looks so pretty when all the candles are lit. I think I need to put it on a glass table every year. What a cool refection.



Tonight was a fun, busy night. I walked around downtown taking pictures of Christmas lights. Went to a beautiful Church service. Attempted to sing along to Spanish Christmas carols. Strolled down 5th Avenue. Then went home to wait for Santa. Sadly he never came. My guess is he saw the menorah and thought he had the wrong house. ;) 


                                     
Where's the baby Jesus?
An elephant?