Tuesday 22 July 2014

No shirt, no shoes, no bylaws

Some of the things I see around here are unbelievable, like the mom, dad, 2 kids and a Chihuahua I saw riding together on a scooter. That was a little nutty. But there are other things I've seen that I wish we could get away with in Canada. Like staying up all night with your friends and neighbors, playing music outside until 6 am. Here it happens often. Many times I've been sound asleep and suddenly at midnight the party begins. You get use to it, you don't call the police and complain. No bylaws here.

I've been in many stores where the teller wasn't wearing a shirt or shoes (male tellers lol). Kids run around barefooted in the streets, dogs poop and no one freaks out that it's not being picked up, the sidewalks are broken, horses are tied to random trees on the street or left in vacant lots to eat the grass. No one thinks anything of it. 

Yesterday I really shouldn't of been surprised to see the 50 or so goats roaming around the field across from the house. The farmer said he walked them over from a few blocks away. He laughed when I grabbed my camera and took some pictures. To them this is normal, they think it's funny that we find it odd. 

The lack of rules is what makes this place so appealing to me. The rebel in me loves it. 

Bring on the goats! :)














No comments:

Post a Comment