Monday 30 June 2014

When it rains it pours...

And then it pours some more.

Oh my, am I ever unprepared for the tropical storms that are on their way. Someone needs to buy a flashlight, candles and some rain boots!

Last night was brutal. The thunder pounded, my heart pounded, my pool overflowed, the street looked like a river and then the river started to flow into the house under the front door. Oh what fun.


There was a tropical storm warning in effect last night. Thankfully Elida decided to mellow out by the morning.


Here's a video I took yesterday after about an hour of rain. An hour later the water from the street reached my front door.



I admire how people here just deal with things. Life just goes on. You drive through flooded roads, ride your bike in it, carry your baby home in it and if you're a child you skip through it like you don't have a care in the world. Kids are awesome. :)







No comments:

Post a Comment