Thursday 4 February 2016

My scruffy new friend


There is a new passenger with us on our trip back to Melaque. Walking along the malecon (boardwalk) beside Lake Chapala today, I came across three puppies playing in the dirt. Naturally, I went to see them. Neither of the boys wanted to come to me because they were scared. Nevertheless, the scruffy female jumped on my lap and started licking my face. As soon as I picked her up, I declared she was coming back to Melaque with me and I would find her a good home. As much as I would have liked to take the boys with me as well, they wouldn't get close enough, so I took just the little girl. Fortunately, my travel companion is an animal lover, and she didn't object to our returning with a smelly flea-ridden bundle of love. 

I love giving these dogs a chance at a good life.